How to style your 50’s
You are not old just because you have begun your Menopause phase. The perimenopause phase can start as early as your 40’s and last for four to five years before you hit Menopause. The first thing to remember is to love and embrace yourself. Here are some tips to remain a stylish young lady while dealing with the genuine physical and mental changes brought on by your transition.
- Embrace your body. The Menopause phase is a time of transition. You will notice visible changes to your appearance and body shape. Remember to love your new body and try on clothes that will compliment your unique shape or size.
- Natural fabrics. Soft and comfortable fabrics should be your go-to choice. Hot flashes are unpredictable and can ruin perfect clothes by leaving ugly sweat patches. Soft cotton tops help you regulate your body temperature better. Avoid heavy fabrics and bodycon outfits.
- Color choice. As mentioned above, hot flashes can completely ruin your outfits, and that is why you must choose an appropriate color. Cream, white, navy blue, and black colors look great and will not show visible sweat patches in a hot flash episode.
- Comfortable silhouettes. Try on some tunic tops, comfort trousers, summer dresses, and soft layers instead of heavy jackets for a more relaxed look. During the winter months, layering works well to strip off a few clothing pieces during a hot flash episode.
- Smart wristband. Ice packs are a great way to find relief from hot flashes but let’s be honest, they are messy and not available all the time. The Kulkuf wristband is a smart wearable device that allows you to cool your core temperature as soon as you sense a hot flash coming on. Made with breathable fabric and a stylish design, it goes well with all kinds of clothing and can be worn to the office, gym, party, and even to sleep.